Need to update GhostScript package in the Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) Repository

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Nov 27 06:41:09 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 11:38 +0530, Gaurav Jain wrote:
> What we would therefore request is to update the Ubuntu 7.10
> repositories to include this release version instead of the
> pre-release version.
>
> I don’t know if this is the correct forum for this topic.

Hi,

this is the support mailing list for users and you are unlikely to reach
the developers here.

If this update is deemed important enough by the distro maintainers,
there is the possibility to make it available through the "update"
repository. The best way to start a discussion about this is probably by
filing a bug on the ghostscript package [1] or adding to an existing bug
if it exists [2].

If you'd like to discuss with the developers first, try IRC [3] or the
developers mailing list [4], which lists "point of contact for upstream
developers to reach Ubuntu developers" as one of its purposes.

If an update through the "update" repository is impossible, a "backport"
might be another option [5]

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+filebug
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+bugs?field.searchtext=ghostscript
[3] #ubuntu-devel on irc.freenode.net, see
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat#head-729211ea4fb3c5b535d3d8a533dbc007c8dbce14