[Solved] Re: More Mutt, Root Mail, No Mailbox Stuff

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 27 00:10:07 UTC 2007

--- NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 11/21/2007 04:27 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > --- Peter Garrett <peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:44:06 -0800 (PST)
> >> Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
> >>
> >>snip
>
> Leonard, multiple long threads made my eyes
> cross-eyed... when you get
> time, can you perhaps put up a short stand-alone
> post of the issue & fix
> for future/archive reference?
>
> sorry, thought I'd answered this before. Be happy to
do more snipping in future.
The solution was, as I recall, it's been a while:
Remove all references to "fake domain" it /etc/hosts,
main.cf and /etc/mailname and maybe another place
where it was referenced. Then did a dpkg-reconfigure
postfix and selected just local delivery ipo "smtp and
local" mail. In main.cf, left relayhost=empty, didn't
select anything under # INTERNET OR INTRANET. Set
inet_interfaces = loopback-only, mydomain = localhost
and myorigin = ubuntu. All of which had been changed
due to previous suggestions. That's all as I recall.
Hope this helps and is what you asked for. Thanks,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net