inline PGP signature with Evolution

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Mon Nov 26 14:50:04 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 09:31 -0500, Caleb Marcus wrote:
> Evo only supports PGP/MIME, not inline PGP... I actually prefer using
> PGP/MIME, because it's less obtrusive to people who don't have PGP.
> Also, it signs attachments without having to use multiple signatures,
> and works with HTML mail.

Yep. The confusing bit is that there's an evo plugin that supports
_checking/decrypting_ messages received that use inline pgp.

But yeah, I like PGP/MIME and S/MIME. Unfortunately, older Outlook
Express clients did a terrible job of reading PGP/MIME messages (the
content ends up appearing as an attachment that must be opened in
notepad. I don't know if this has been rectified yet.