OT : Ubuntu - Skype - hda-intel problems

Philippe pdidier at neptuneconcept.com
Mon Nov 26 06:04:21 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 09:44 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Philippe wrote:
> Anyway, the problem is the closed source nature of Skype. No open source
> developer (e.g. from the ALSA project) will waste his time to find out
> what the problem is, if he can't really trace the problem. But that is
> not possible with Skype. Therefore you can only try to get help from
> Skype. If they don't care, there is no help available.
Exactly, they dont really care , speaking about driver or hardware
problem... So we come back to my first question, if not hda-intel, which
sound driver or sound card I should have on my new laptop to be able to
use skype?
And what about OSS and skype, could it work ?
Philippe
--
IT Manager Neptune Concept