what would you do?

anthony baldwin anthony.baldwin01 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 25 23:32:07 UTC 2007

Tim M wrote:
> On Nov 25, 2007 4:53 PM, anthony baldwin <anthony.baldwin01 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> norman wrote:
>>
>>> I am in the process of setting up a new PC with Edubuntu and Windows.
>>> The version of Windows I intended to use was win 2K because I own a
>>> copy. Imagine my chagrin when, after installing the win 2K, I tried to
>>> use the disc supplied to set up the motherboard only to be informed that
>>> I needed XP or Vista. I suppose that if I did not want to dual boot then
>>> Edubuntu would take care of things.
>>>
>>> What would you do chums?
>>>
>>> Norman
>>>

>> I would just install Ubunut (or Edubuntu).
>> Who needs windows?
>>
>> /tony

I understand the machine is for your grandchild.
If it's any consolation, my daughter has been using Linux since
age 3 (first RedHat based K12linux, and now Edubuntu).
She is now 8.  She uses e-mail and chat (all supervised, and only
chats with her cousins and e-mails family members), does research
and writes school projects, has her own digital camera, etc.
Also, when I was teaching public school a few years back, I placed
machines running RH based K12linux in my classroom, and students got
on and did research, made presentations and projects, etc., without
any difficulty whatsoever.

/tony

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com