why an SQL Database?

Caleb Marcus caleb.marcus at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 02:54:13 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 19:36 -0700, Scott (angrykeyboarder) wrote:

> I reeeeally dislike webmail (I know I need to join the 21st century..).

I disliked OLD webmail, but newer webmail providers like Gmail are quite
different from their old-fashioned counterparts. Anyway, I still prefer
the power of a desktop client, so I only really use webmail for search.

> You mean you're not using a client that supports that kind of search? I
> ask because I note you're using Evolution (which supports IMAP itself).
>
> I use Thunderbird and I've found I like it better (especially for IMAP)
> than Evolution or Kmail.

I used to use Thunderbird, but I switched away from it because it has
better integration with the OS, as well as PIM functionality. I just
tested Evolution's search functionality with my All Mail folder, and it
searched a few gigs of email in a few seconds, so I guess it does have
server-side search... which is awesome, and I'm not sure why I didn't
try this before.