How do I get back...

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Nov 23 20:00:34 UTC 2007

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:05:25 -0800
Michael <michaelg at seadreamer.net> wrote:

> When Ubuntu is first installed to a system with a wifi card it has a
> panel applet that shows what networks are available.  I lost that and
> can't find a way to get it back.  Can someone tell me what it is called
> or where I can find it.  I found a few that do the same thing but I like
> the original.

Open a terminal ( Applications - Accessories - Terminal)
Type

nm-applet &

You should see the applet appear. If not, try

sudo /etc/init.d/dbus restart

Once you have it working, save your session:

(System - Preferences - Sessions - Session Options)

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" based on Ubuntu 7.04 Live CD: http://inx.maincontent.net