Laptop sleep gone bad in Gutsy

Jonathan Hudson jh+ubuntu at daria.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 19:16:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:10:14 -0500
Paul S <paulatgm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jonathan Hudson said the following on 11/23/2007 11:39 AM:
> > So I remembered. This is what I did to make suspend / hibernate solid
> > on my HP nc6220. YMMV etc.
> >
> > 0. Added an empty file /etc/pm/sleep.d/00clear
> > 1. Added a new file, /etc/pm/sleep.d/000vt, which contains:
>
> There is no directory /etc/pm on ubuntu .. are you using another distro
> or did you install some non standard package?

 $ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 7.10 \n \l

Huum, looks like Ubuntu to me ....

$ aptitude show pm-utils
Package: pm-utils
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: yes
Version: 0.99.2-1
 This packages provides simple shell command line tools to suspend and
hibernate your computer.

 Homepage: http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/pm-utils/pm-utils/

Looks pretty standard to me, like I didn't compile it myself.

-j