Firefox buttons

Behrang Saeedzadeh behrangsa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 01:19:08 UTC 2007

Hi Mark,

This is better than nothing for the time being and it is similar to the
Celeb's proposed solution :-)

What i am looking for is for the HTML widgets to have the look and feel of
the current theme by default, when no styles are applied on them, which
looks like to be addressed in FF 3.

The strange things is that even Epiphany, thought that ALAIK it is not using
XUL, also renders widgets like FF. But that's alright. I can wait for FF 3.

On a side note, any ideas when Beryl Emerald (I think now part of Compiz
Fusion :-?) becomes stable? I couldn't find a roadmap at Compiz Fusion's
website.

-Behrang

On Nov 23, 2007 11:51 AM, Mark Kelly <ubuntu at wastedtimes.net> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Wednesday 21 November 2007 20:43, Behrang Saeedzadeh wrote:
> > My problem is with the HTML widgets. No shades, no reflections, no hover
> > effects, just a solid 80ish set of widgets.
>
> I might be able to help here. I don't know of any way to plug GTK into
> forms, but I do know that the look of html form elements in Firefox is
> actually controlled by CSS, and as such is easily edited to create a look
> you are happy with.
>
> You can find a downloadable package here
>

> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Firefox+Form+Widgets?content=64392
>
> with alternate designs that you can use, or use as a reference to build
> your own. I use it here and find the appearance of forms much improved,
> and of course you could always edit the CSS to replicate the gnome look
> you asked for.
> HTH
>
> Mark

Behrang Saeedzadeh