WICD

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Nov 22 20:42:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 21:20:57 +0100, Steven Martin
<drumsandwires at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Finally fed-up with Network Manager, have reoccurring
> issues with my wireless network.  WICD has been
> recommended to me.  I have downloaded the package but
> I need some more detailed instructions for
> installation.

Hi,
Been using it for a while, and must say it is rock-solid.
After installing it from Synaptics go to :
System -> preferences -> sessions
Choose 'Add' in Startup Services, and set:
Name = Wicd
Command = /opt/wicd/tray.py

That's it. the tray icon will load each time you log in.
To start the app manually go to Applications -> Internet -> Wicd.

Richard