NFS-shares not mounted at boot

Mario Guenterberg mg at havelsoft.com
Thu Nov 22 18:50:30 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 06:33:58PM -0800, David Vincent wrote:
> Mario Guenterberg wrote:
> > Hi all...
> >
> > I have a problem since updated to gutsy. The NFS-shares from my
> > server are not mounted at boot on my laptop. With Edgy, I has no
> > problems at all.
> >
> > Manually mounting works fine. Nothing wrong! The entries in
> > /etc/fstab are ok.
>
> Hi Mario.
>
> I've run into a problem on some hardware where some shares didn't mount,
> some shares are mounted but they don't show as mounted, and other shares
> mounted fine.  After a little digging I ended up here:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sysvinit/+bug/44836
>
> There is a patch there which worked for me, perhaps it will help.
>
> Do you autologin on that workstation?
>
> -d

Hi David,

the shares are not mounted at boot. df -h or ls /PATH/TO/SHARE or
grep : /proc/mounts show me nothing about my nfs-shares.

No I do not autologin on my laptop. I use the gdm to login for my
desktop, or work on tty for quick things.

Thanks for the link, I will test the modified
/etc/network/if-up.d/mountnfs very soon! I hope it helps ;-)

Greetings
Mario