wwwh.found-not-help.com

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Nov 22 15:44:02 UTC 2007

Peter Garrett wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:42:11 -0400
> Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone say, is this happening in the Ubuntu resolver, Konqueror, or
>> <shudder> my ISP's DNS.  Can anyone tell me how to find out?
>
> I don't know the answer, but what I would try first is setting my DNS to
> someone else - like opendns.
>
> 208.67.222.222
> 208.67.220.220
>
> You can always change back if it doesn't work, or if you object to opendns
> on principle, as some people do...

Hmmm.  That's interesting.  I was thinking I couldn't do that.  I have
routers within routers but the one connected directly to the internet has a
caching DNS built in - and I can't touch it.  There's really no reason I
can't have the wireless router - through which everybody connects - go
through openDNS, though.  Definitely worth a try.

fwiw, what prinicple do people find objectionable about openDNS?
--
derek