More Mutt, Root Mail, No Mailbox Stuff

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Thu Nov 22 13:16:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 01:59:01PM -0800, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> AGhhhhha! That's what I couldn't remember even though
> I've used it often lately. That fixed it; now getting
> the root mail I sent. Thanks very much for walking me
> throught it all again. However, why don't I see all
> the gutsy install messages I expected to see. Is it
> because the root:   username  was incorrect at the
> time and they are lost forever?

Probably.  I think the default timeout is something like 7 days; if a
message cannot be delivered after that time, it gets bounced; and if the
bounce message cannot be delivered, it is lost.

Not that there are any important messages sent to root in Ubuntu.  I see
only cron errors about minor things like broken symlinks to manual
pages, and sudo's messages about me mistyping my password.

Marius Gedminas
--
Look!  Before our very eyes, the future is becoming the past.