Laptop sleep gone bad in Gutsy

Jonathan Hudson jh+ubuntu at daria.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 18:53:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:10:00 +0100
Han Pilmeyer <pilux at pilmeyer.nl> wrote:

> I have the same thing on a HP nc6220. I'm not using the visual effects.
> I'm pretty sure it is related to my switch from the i810 graphics driver
> to the intel graphics driver (which I did shortly after moving to
> Gutsy). I will switch back later today and see if that helps.

I initially had some problems with a nc6220, but after disabling
otherwise hacking some of the default suspend/resume stuff
it's been 100% OK since [compiz/intel] (modulo the psychedelic coloured
squares on the LCD during suspend). This is for both hibernate and
suspend.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the machine at the moment, but if
I haven't posted a followup of what was necessary to make the nc6220
reliable by Sunday, drop me an email to remind me.

-jh