(New to Kubuntu/ Linux) Update/ upgrade difficulties Thunderbird.
news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Nov 21 12:15:39 UTC 2007
> Ubuntu's version is outdated; TB is now at 184.108.40.206 to fix a couple of
> security issues:
I really wish people would stop spreading this sort of FUD about Ubuntu.
Check the changelogs _before_ making a statement like this, please.
By definition, packages in a stable release of either Ubuntu or Debian will
not get version updates (except in a -backports repository). So,
thunderbird in Gutsy will probably always be version 220.127.116.11. However,
security vulnerabilities will be fixed by applying the patch to the
_stable_ code - as has been done on 18.104.22.168 (note, the two vulnerabilities
noted in the link above are the first and last of this changelog):
$ aptitude changelog thunderbird
thunderbird (22.214.171.124~pre071022+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.7.10) gutsy-security;
* 126.96.36.199 security/stability update (pre fetched from CVS):
* MFSA 2007-30 aka CVE-2007-1095
* MFSA 2007-31 aka CVE-2007-2292
* MFSA 2007-32 aka CVE-2007-3511, CVE-2006-2894
* MFSA 2007-33 aka CVE-2007-5334
* MFSA 2007-34 aka CVE-2007-5337
* MFSA 2007-35 aka CVE-2007-5338
* MFSA 2007-36 aka CVE-2007-4841 (windows only)
More information about the ubuntu-users