Rhythmbox iPod transfer issue

Caleb Marcus caleb.marcus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 04:52:20 UTC 2007


I've gotten no response on the mailing list, so I did the logical thing
and filed a bug... it's here if anyone wants to look at it and possibly
test it themselves to confirm the issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/164265
On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 15:24 -0500, Caleb Marcus wrote:

> When I use Rhythmbox to transfer AAC files to my iPod, it takes a
> really long time, much longer than any other program, and uses a lot
> of CPU. Then, when I go to the iPod and try to play them, they won't
> play at all... but I can find the files and play them from the iPod
> when it's plugged in and I access it as a drive. However, they sound
> bad, as if Rhythmbox was somehow reencoding them. I confirmed this by
> checking the md5 sums of the original and the iPod versions of the
> file.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/attachments/20071120/78f1b060/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
URL: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/attachments/20071120/78f1b060/attachment.pgp>


More information about the ubuntu-users mailing list