sound card detected, but no sound...

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Wed Nov 21 00:22:25 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 November 2007 07:08:40 anthony baldwin wrote:
> Incidentally, the new card is a Diamond Xtreme 5.1
> I read here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=5426) tht these work
> well with Linux.
> I'm starting to believe that the issue has nothing to do with the sound
> card,
> but, I am getting no software errors.
> Well, except FATAL FATAL from modprobe...see above.

Hello Tony,
Maybe you just need to enable PCM2 (open sound manager by double clicking the
speaker icon)? I'm experiencing the same with my onboard card on Compaq
v3000. I need to enable PCM2 then the sound comes :D
HTH,
http://linux2.arinet.org
07:22:03 up 2:10, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.