FF Bookmarks Gone?

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Tue Nov 20 21:08:25 UTC 2007

Caleb Marcus wrote the following on 20.11.2007 21:52

>> cd ~/.mozilla/firefox/_RaNdOm_/bookmarkbackups/
>>
> Just thought I might add, you can re-import that html file of bookmarks
> with Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks>File>Import.

That has the disadvantage that maybe some bookmarks are duped afterwards.
I would close all FF windows then:

$ cd ~/.mozilla/firefox/_RaNdOm_/bookmarkbackups/
$ cp -v bookmarks-2007-XX-YY.html ../bookmarks.html

> You may want to copy the
> file somewhere in case this somehow clobbers the backup file.

To make backups is always a gooood recommendation.

bye
--
Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09