CUPS, Firefox, and PPD to force Black and White

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 19 17:21:11 UTC 2007

On 11/19/2007 09:03 AM, Bill Moseley wrote:

> BTW -- Why doesn't Firefox offer the printer options from the PPD?
> Just not a very advanced printing interface?  Can I pipe the output
> from Firefox thorugh, say, gtkpl?

Why are you doing all of that? Can you set your printer to print to B&W?
If so, add the printer, set it as B&W and name it BW<printername>. Now
add the printer again, set it as Color and name it Color<printername>,
ditto for duplex etc.

Now set BW<printername> as the default printer. When you want to print
in color print to the Color<printername> printer. It's the same printer,
 it's just now set to print in color instead of B&W.