Another Gutsy Upgrade Failure

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 18 18:21:31 UTC 2007

Hello List,
Tried updating to gutsy from feisty via the Adept
update notifier/upgrader, both times failed. After the
feisty upgrades, the updater says an upgrade is
available, click next and the upgrader pops up, goes
through the preparations and fails during the
downloading with these messagea:
Failed to fetch
http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/dists/feisty/free/binary-i386/Packages.gz
404 Not Found
Failed to fetch
http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/dists/feisty/non-free/binary-i386/Packages.gz
404 Not Found
Failed to fetch
http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/dists/feisty/free/source/Sources.gz
404 Not Found
Failed to fetch
http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/dists/feisty/non-free/source/Sources.gz
404 Not Found
The error header states:
Error during update
A problem occurred during the update.  This usually
means some sort of network problem, please chech your
network connection and retry. It has crashed swiftfox
both times before I could send this email. I may have
a problem in /etc/host(so included) as mentioned in
another thread " Re: FQDN Misery Re: To: Postfix, Mutt
And No Root Mail? & amavisd-new Install". Have tried
to correct /etc/hosts but afraid I can't after much
googling.
lchata at ubuntu:/etc/bind$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost ubuntu.examples.org
127.0.1.1 ubuntu.examples.org
192.168.1.64    ubuntu
(IPv6 stuff left out-never has been changed).
Would most appreciate any ideas on how to fix. Don't
understand why the error in in Feisty instead of
Gutsy.
Thanks,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net