Webcam on HP DV9000 series

Gilles Gravier gilles at gravier.org
Sun Nov 18 09:00:02 UTC 2007

Derek,

To get Ekiga on 7.10 to use UVC, you need to select V4L2, not V4L. V4L
as far as I know doesn't understand UVC...

Ekiga will use V4L by default, so you have to select the V4L2 interface
for video and then when the next screen appears to select the actual
device, you will have the UVC camera listed.

Gilles.

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
*=* *http://www.gravier.org/*
ICQ : *77488526*
<http://www.icq.com/whitepages/about_me.php?Uin=77488526> * || *MSN
Messenger : Gilles at Gravier.org <http://members.msn.com/Gilles@Gravier.org>*
*Skype : ggravier <callto://ggravier>* || *Y! : ggravier
<http://profiles.yahoo.com/ggravier> || AOL : gillesgravier
<aim:goim?screenname=gillesgravier>
PGP Key ID : *0x8DE6D026*
<http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x8DE6D026&op=index>
My Last Known Position / Ma Derniere Position Connue
<http://www.gmap-track.com/user.php?user=ggravier>
"Chastity is its own punishment." (/Solomon Short/) [/David Gerrold/]
"De toutes les aberrations sexuelles, la chasteté est la plus
aberrante." [Anatole France]