Ipod Nano Video (firmware 1.0.2)...

Jensen Somers jensen.somers at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 22:29:29 UTC 2007

Hello,

On Nov 17, 2007 11:21 PM, Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org> wrote:
> Greetings, I just won an Ipod Nano Video a couple days ago, and I'm
> looking to use it with Ubuntu 7.10. The ipod is very new and has the
> 1.0.2 firmware from October.
>
> When I plug it in, it crashes rhythmbox straight away.
>
> Anyone got any good workarounds, or shall I start monkeying in the code?
>
> thanks,
> mike
>
> --
> Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/demiri.head.wedding

Apple did a firmware upgrade and locks out other applications than
iTunes from using it.
<http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2007/Sep-15.html> I don't know if
hacks have been created around this for all utilities. You could try
using Banshee, Amarok or GTKPod to access the iPod device and see if
that helps. Other than that, providing detailed info about the crash
is always a good idea.

- Jensen