nVidia + Compiz = disappearing mouse pointer?

Caleb Marcus caleb.marcus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 04:20:40 UTC 2007

I've noticed that when using Compiz (with the nvidia-glx-new driver),
after about 30 minutes or so, mouse pointers start disappearing. What I
mean is, at some point, the text-selection cursor will be lost and the
mouse cursor will just disappear when I'm over text. Then, the "busy"
pointer will die, and the cursor will disappear every time I open an
application. This happens only when I'm running Compiz, but if I disable
Compiz, the pointers remain "lost" and won't come back until I log out
and log back in... so restarting Compiz won't help.