Linux Skype Features !?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Thu Nov 15 15:01:06 UTC 2007

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
> Just downloaded and and tried Skype Beta w/videocall ! ;-)
> Unfortunately my system seems not to recognize the connected USB
> Logitech Communicate STX webcam and so does Skype ;-((

This is what I replied to another question in this thread already. I am
rather sure it applies to your problem as well.

In a terminal type the command:

sudo modprobe gspca

That will load the module gspca which isn't loaded automatically. Then
check if video works (restart skype so it can find the video device). If
that works, enter this command to load the module every time the machine
is started:

sudo sh -c "echo gspca >> /etc/modules"

Nils