Avantfax Install

Gerald Dachs ubuntu at dachsweb.de
Thu Nov 15 14:26:36 UTC 2007

Quoting Chris Larson <chrisl at xp.etowns.net>:

> I am installing Avantfax on Ubuntu 6.06-1 with MySQL5. I am at the
> point of issuing the command
>
> mysql -uavantfax -pd58fe49 avantfax < create_tables.sql
>
> and I get this error.
>
> ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 3866: You have an error in your SQL
> syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server
> version for the right syntax to use near 'increment KEY,
> logdate TIMESTAMP,
> logtext TEXT
> ) DEFAULT CHARACTER S' at line 1
>
> Has anyone run across this error? I can provide more info if needed.

just 2 days ago I have installed Avantfax 2.2.8 on Feisty. I didn't get
your problem. Did you manipulate the sql file? If not, then I believe there
is a problem with the version of your mysql database. As soon as you
have fixed your problem you will get another one. The installation
howto on their webside is wrong. You have to call the sql script
create_tables.sql with user root instead of avantfax, because the
script deletes the database that was created by
the script before and creates a new database and the user avantfax again,
but avantfax has no permisson to create a database.
This should work: mysql -uroot -p avantfax < create_tables.sql

Currently I can use the avantfax frontend, but I am not ready with the
setup of
hylafax. I had to make a ubuntu package for my Fritz!USB2 ISDN
adapter, because
the fcusb2 module and the firmware is missing in linux-restricted-modules.

Gerald