desktop cleaning

Shibu C Varughese shibucv at itmission.org
Thu Nov 15 10:52:24 UTC 2007

On 11/15/07, Shali 9846303531 <shalib2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear sir
>
>  ls -l |grep -v d| awk '{print $8}'|xargs rm
>
> you suggested this script but where do i put my files name that r not to
> be deleted
>
> --
> Shali.K.R
> Asst.Librarian(Digital)
> Vidya Academy of Science & Technology
> Thrissur, Kerala.
> Mob:9846303531

hi ...
don't run this command ...within any dir ... you need to know what you are
doing ...the above is just an example .... in which it will only remove file
and will keep the directories.

and more  ... grep -v *.jpg    etc ... to avoid deleting that files

You should always test ... before you do this in production.
shibucv at itmission.org
True greatness is measured by how much freedom you give to others, not by
how much you can coerce others to do what you want. --Larry Wall