Epson printer EPL-5900L installed but no output

niel bqz69 at telia.com
Wed Nov 14 22:44:59 UTC 2007

At last I got the print driver to my epson epl-5900l printer installed.

I downloaded it here:

I installed it as described here:
http://epsonepl.sourceforge.net/?page=howto

Result like this:
# make install
/usr/bin/install -c ijs_server_epsonepl -c /usr/local/bin/ijs_server_epsonepl

When I try to print, the printer shows up "CUPS/EPL-5900L", and preview works
perfect, and small window flashes as preparation to write, but I get no
output from the printer.

When I print to file, a proper file is printed to a file (test.pdf), but this
file cannot be printed out neither?

The interface device is:    usb://EPSON/EPL-5900L