Watching video in Ubuntu

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 14 13:57:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:56:32 +0200
"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> At my university I must watch some video lectures. I am completely
> unsuccessful in watching them in Totem, VLC, or Mplayer. Although the
> videos are available only from within the university, the CS help page
> lists these sites that use the exact same technology:

> mms://128.139.216.150/academic

Tried this one with mimms, which normally grabs mms URLS and downloads the
content

 $ mimms mms://128.139.216.150/academic
<mms://128.139.216.150/academic>  =>  'academic'
Connecting...Could not read packet header: Success
libmms connection error

Those are some seriously borked URLs...

One of them I succeeded in getting with wget, and there was an asx file -
supposedly - which looks like this:

$ cat gm.asp\?ai\=385
<asx version="3.0">
				<!-- GMX -->
				<title>CastUP: Unknown Error</title>
				<entry>
					<title>Error: Unknown Error</title>
				    <author></author>
				  	<ref href="http://" />
				</entry>
			</asx>

Do you get the feeling someone doesn't want us to know?

Peter

 --
"INX Is Not X" based on Ubuntu 7.04 Live CD: http://inx.maincontent.net