no sound on Feisty Fawn.

anthony baldwin anthony.baldwin01 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 14 13:10:00 UTC 2007

Nils Kassube wrote:
> anthony baldwin wrote:
>
>> I was on early with a sound problem on dapper, and I upgrade to Feisty.
>> Still no sound.
>> I can´t figure out what the deal is.  I don´t think it's a software
>> issue. For all practical purposes, it looks like my sound card is
>> detected and functioning,
>>

> Can you specify which sound card you have? Maybe that will help to find
> somebody who knows something about the problem.
>

>> Could the onboard soundcard be hosed, and software doesn't know it?
>>

> Sure.
>

>> Would it be wise to purchase and install a 3rd party card?
>>

> That's one option, but before that, you could try if sound is working when
> you boot the Ubuntu live CD.

Oh yeah, I already tried that.
No sound with the livecd (feisty) either.

I logged onto Tigerdirect last night and purchased a Diamond Extreme 5.1
card,
before even thinking to check to see if it will be compatible
(I've never purchased a sound card in my life, always using onboard sound).
Anyone have any experience with these cards?
It won´t be here for a couple of days, but, I'm wondering if I should not
have instead purchased a CL Soundblaster, now.

/tony