after install problems on compaq presario f500 amd64 laptop

İbrahim Eser ibrahimeser at istanbul.com
Wed Nov 14 08:53:14 UTC 2007

hi;
yesterday i've tried to install ubuntu 7.10 on my laptop compaq presario
f500(amd64).first i've couldn't make the live install start. but easily i've
got rid of this problem: i appended "noapic nolapic"  boot options on
bootup. only after that i've succeded  in installing ubuntu. but soon i
realised that;  i couldn't mount my usb disks. my laptop do not recognize
usb devices now. this probably due to the boot options "noapic nolapic".
after installation i erased this options in file /boot/grub/menu.lst but
this time again laptop couldn't succeed to boot. please any idea to get rid
of this trouble...

--
İbrahim Eser