No sound in Ubuntu 7.10

Miano, Steven M. Steven.Miano at mybrighthouse.com
Tue Nov 13 13:09:41 UTC 2007

Christian,

        The first thing that I would do would be to ensure that your system is recognizing the sound card that you have, and that you have the proper drivers for it:

cat /proc/asound/cards
lspci

If you can find your sound card, and drivers in those lists - then I would look into getting alsamixergui, and try muting/unmuting some of the features (on my laptop either PCM, or External Amplification needs to be on/off for any audio to work).

Good luck!,

~Steve