GUI firewall and router administration tool

Zachary Sandberg zachary.sandberg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 06:09:42 UTC 2007

Noah wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am wondering if somebody could recommend a few GUI based firewalls and
> router administration tools that has amazing granularity and makes
> configuration a breeze.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Noah

Noah, I am using Endian Firewall for my firewall needs. It is a Linux
based router/fw meant to be run on a dedicated box. It has a bunch of
features and is very easy to configure.  Before I settled on Endian, I
tried PFsense, and IPcop, both of which were also pretty good, but not
as nice as Endian.  If you do not have an old box kicking around, and
are looking for a client based firewall, the only one I know of with a
front-end is Firestarter.
http://www.endian.com/en/community/about/screenshots/

Best Wishes

Zach