News reader

Kenneth P. Turvey kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com
Tue Nov 13 05:22:05 UTC 2007

I'm looking for a good news reader.  Ideally I would like one that is
written in Java, for various reasons, but this isn't the most important
feature.

What I'm looking for is something very similar to pan, with one additional
feature.  I want to be able to score entire threads, not just articles.
If a thread references an article by "Troll <troll at bridge.com>" I want to
be able to reduce the score of the entire thread.  Similarly if a thread
has a followup in it, I want to be able to reduce the score of the entire
thread, including the initial article.

Is there a good news reader that will do all that?

(writing this article in Pan, which is almost good enough)

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com>