network printing [solved]

Tim M southern.tim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 02:59:53 UTC 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 8:43 PM, Alex Janssen <alex at ourwoods.org> wrote:
> Tim M said the following on 11/12/2007 07:30 PM:

> >> the

> >> John,
> >>
> >> I ran sudo system-config-printer but still it is a no go. I have seen
> >> Administrator button on Kubuntu but not in Ubuntu.
> >>
> >> Tim
> >>

> > Got it working! Thanks for the help.
> >

> How did you get it working.  Your solution may be useful to others.

The grayed out Apply button never freed up but I was able to print
from this laptop to the desktop running XP. Actually I would like to
get it to work on the desktop when running Ubuntu but the desktop is
networked to a server and I cannot figure out how to get it to work.
At least I CAN get it working through XP and SMB.

Tim