lvm over nbd?

Tomoki Taniguchi tomoki.taniguchi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 00:28:25 UTC 2007

I have a system with a large LVM VG partition.
I was wondering if there is a way i could share the partition
using nbd and have the nbd-client have access the LVM
as if it was local.

SYSTEM A: /dev/sda3 is a LVM partition and is assigned to
VG volgroup1.  I want to share /dev/sda3 via nbd-server

SYSTEM B: receives A's /dev/sda3 as /dev/nbd0.  I want to
access it as VG volgroup1.

I am hoping this will allow me to share LV partitions on volgroup1
which is used by XEN domUs.

I think i read something about CLVM.  Will this allow me to do what
I want?  how do i go about setting up a clvm?

TIA,
Tomoki