Unable to access or detect second harddrive

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Sun Nov 11 22:17:04 UTC 2007

On Sunday 11 November 2007, David Park wrote:
> Yes i do, one harddrive is the one that has windows and linux(cause
> when i was installing i couldnt find the unpartitioned space on my
> second harddrive) and the second harddrive is my media and other
> storage needs.

I believe you said you used Acronis to partition the second drive....

What does Acronis show for it now?   Does it show the partitions you expect?

And what is different about your send drive than the first?   Vendor maybe,
but what else?   The way it is connected?   SCSI or  ??

Have you looked in the boot messages?

An unpartitioned drive would act this way with fdisk, I believe.

Install   hwinfo   and run:     hwinfo --disk   and see what it says.