VGA mode not support

Jacob fun2program8 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 13:09:39 UTC 2007

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:07:54 -0500
"Rafael Barreto" <rafaelbarreto at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> When I start Ubuntu a colorful sign pops up to say: "VGA mode not support-H: 64.1 khz-V: 60.2 Hz" After a few seconds Ubuntu apparently starts correctly. Anybody knows what it means?
> Thank You.
> Rafael.

Perhaps X tries to configure your monitor using those sync settings, and so the monitor complains (both to you and the system). X tries a different setting, and everyone's happy.

If the text that says "VGA mode not supported" pops up in the same font/look as your monitor setup dialog appears in, I'll bet it's that.

--
    Jacob

    "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
    from the beginning of the world until now—and never
    to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
    short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
    elect those days will be shortened."

    Are you ready?