Wine system crash on MY desktop Gusty

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 11 03:03:59 UTC 2007

On 11/10/2007 06:15 PM, Philippe wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 10:31 -0800, NoOp wrote:
>> Purge Wine (sudo apt-get remove --purge wine) and then make sure that
>> you update your key & repository reference from a terminal:
>>
>> http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb
>> <quote>
>> First, open a terminal window. Then add the repository's key to your
>> system's list of trusted APT keys by copy and pasting the following:
>>
>> wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo
>> apt-key add -
>>
>> Next, add the repository to your system's list of APT sources:
>>
>> For Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10):
>> sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/sources.list.d/gutsy.list
>> -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list
>> </quote>
>>
>> Then $ sudo apt-get update
>>
>> Then from Synaptics reinstall Wine
> Hi
>
> Did it, but result is exactly the same. Something else must interfer but
> I have no idea because it was working perfectly before in Fedora.
> Thanks anyway,
> Philippe

My guess is that it didn't purge the .wine directory. Try the purge
again & see if the .wine directory (/home/<username>/.wine also gets
deleted. If not, rename the directory to x-.wine-x and then reinstall.
After you reinstall, don't run wine yet, instead run:

$ winecfg

and see if that comes up and you can configure.

If all else fails then I highly recommend the wine newsgroup:
http://www.winehq.org/site/getting_help
  http://www.winehq.org/site/forums