Feisty Update Manager & VMware Trouble

Mike lake.wind77 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 05:04:59 UTC 2007

For the past several days now update manager keeps telling me
there is an update for VMWare-Server available. I have applied
the update several times and have checked the log to be sure
the update completed successfully and it did. However, even
after finishing the update "Update Manager" still claims that
my system needs VMWare-Server updated (from version 1.0.3-1 to
1.0.3-1). I've run VMWare Server after the update was applied
and it is at 1.0.3-1.

I don't know what is going on but it's getting quite
frustrating. How do I clear the VMWare-Server update from the
update manager? The update has already been installed several
times but update manager still thinks that the update has not
been applied.

Any help clearing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks