firefox loops on mail.yahoo.com with 7.10

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 9 20:09:35 UTC 2007

On 11/09/2007 07:26 AM, glenn opdycke-hansen wrote:
> I have xubuntu 7.10 installed on a dell laptop (pentium iii)
> When I try to display the mail.yahoo.com <http://yahoo.com> site the cpu
> loops for minutes/hours.
> Any ideas why?
>
> --glenn

Yes - enable cookies. There code is screwed up (nothing unusual here) &
loops forever until it is able to set a cookie.

Recommend that you install the Preferences toolbar; that way you can
turn cookies on & off easily:

http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

I typically leave flash, cookies etc turned off unless I visit a site I
trust & know that they are needed. PrefBar is the easiest that I've
found to do this on the fly and I've been using it since it first came out.