Not able to install ubuntu 7.10.

lu sy bakut2002 at yahoo.com.sg
Thu Nov 8 06:30:50 UTC 2007

Hi, I have downloaded the iso file and has burned it on the CD. I have also checked the cd is working properly and also verified the ms5sum. When i boot from the cd, it showed an error message " genome error" but it continues to run. When it comes to the orange desktop screen, i clicked the installation icon, then the whole thing freezes. I can no longer proceed.

  My computer is running on AMD Sempron 2400+ 1.67GHz 192 MB RAM. It has a VIA/S3G Graphics 64MB, VIA SATA RAID Controller. Currently running on window XP professional version 2002 service package 2.

  Please advice.

  Thanks

  Bakut