Wine system crash on MY desktop Gusty

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 7 18:31:06 UTC 2007

On 11/07/2007 03:06 AM, Philippe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I install wine (synaptic Ubuntu), on Gusty fresh install. Whatever
> version I installed (I tried also the one from the
> wine.budgetdedicated.com ), It cause a system crash, with hard reboot
> only. No trace in /var/log/ , nothing.
>
> I tried a synaptic wine remove (include configuration file), re-install
> again, same. Even launching wine notpad via the menu crash the system.
>
> As it is working perfectly on my laptop, what can I do to know what is
> causing this on my old Destop PC Intel P4 / 2Ghz / 1Gb RAM.
>
> Philippe

Purge Wine (sudo apt-get remove --purge wine) and then make sure that
you update your key & repository reference from a terminal:

http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb
<quote>
First, open a terminal window. Then add the repository's key to your
system's list of trusted APT keys by copy and pasting the following:

wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo
apt-key add -

Next, add the repository to your system's list of APT sources:

For Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10):
sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/sources.list.d/gutsy.list
-O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list
</quote>