usb to serial bridge driver

ed miller07 at suddenlink.net
Wed Nov 7 02:57:58 UTC 2007

I am attempting to setup my insulin pump with vmware server on Gutsy.
The server is running windoze xp pro. I have set up the software that
reads the data thru the dongle. I have attempted to install the windoze
dongle driver in xp but xp will not recognize the dongle which is
attached to a usb to serial bridge. Ubuntu lists the serial port in the
hardware manager. My thinking was that if Gutsy could see the device
then vmware would also see it and pass it to the windoze guest but this
is not the case. I have looked at VMware forums but could not find any
information. Is there something that I need to install in Gutsy such as
a irda driver or some such other? Any help would be appreciated.

-Prog