Anyone using a color laser printer?

Terence Wong gup502 at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 6 08:49:37 UTC 2007

Lou Katz <lou at metron.com> wrote: On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 11:44:33AM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I need a new printer.  Both my older postscript LaserJet and Epson
> Photo printers are on their way out.
>
> I want color, but the inkjets tend to clog since I print very
> infrequently.  So, I'm wondering about a color laser printer.
>
> They are a bit more money, but should be less expensive over time.
>
> One that I looked at is the HP2600n, network printer.  But, the linux
> support seems iffy (lots of remarks about poor color images in linux).

I got the HP2605dn, which has the printing engine in the printer rather than
in the software on the workstation. Installed in several flavours of Linux
without a problem - the ppd files are available. Picture quality was much
better than I expected, although toner usage seems a bit high. Print speed
from an idle state seemed reasonably quick. Will print double sided, which is
nice. Recently discounted at OfficeDepot and Costco in the SF Bay area.

> Anyone using this printer, or can recommend something else?
>
> Thanks,
>

> --
> Bill Moseley
> moseley at hank.org

-=[L]=-
Putting today in the past tomorrow

I am testing Lexmark C532 and C534, both work fine on Ubuntu.
Brother 4050CDN also works on Ubuntu.  They are all colour laser printers.