Evo/MS Addr Book

John Dangler jdangler at terremark.com
Mon Nov 5 22:29:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 12:38 -0400, John Dangler wrote:
> Does anyone else use evo connecting to exchange/ad ?
> For some reason, the exchange works fine, but I cannot connect to a
> global address list at work.  IT has not one clue since it's not
> win...
>
> Any input is appreciated.

Hrmm - strange that no one has encountered this one.  I've installed
ldap tools to try and determine the problem, but so far, no soap (or
ldap)...

trying ldapsearch -h adsrv01.example.net (not actual names)
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6)
        additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available:

I'm trying to find out the reason for this error at the moment...

But, if anyone has actually set Evo to authenticate against AD, I'd
appreciate some enlightenment.  Thanks.