Need help with install/config of bugzilla

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 5 15:32:22 UTC 2007

I have Ubuntu 7.10 32-bit installed on a system and have tried,
unsuccessfully, via apt-gets, to get bugzilla to talk to mysql.  I have
performed no manual tweaking.

I've read several web postings and bug reports reflecting the error I keep
seeing - bugzilla is unable to connect to localhost, usually with respect
to whatever password, or lack of, I supply.

One posting claimed the user was able to with straight apt-gets using
7.10.

I'm at a loss, with all the problems people are posting, including my own
experiences, how to make bugzilla happy talking with mysql server.

Thanks for any insight.

Scott