saving phonebok from a Motorola Razor

stan stanb at panix.com
Mon Nov 5 15:31:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 03:17:31PM +0100, Kristian Rink wrote:
> Am Mon, 5 Nov 2007 16:12:30 +0200
> schrieb "Christian Stefanescu" <st.chris at gmail.com>:
>
> > I have no personal experience with this, but you should try:
> >
> > 1)
> > http://veinhammer.wordpress.com/2006/05/18/motorola-razr-ubuntu-linux/
> >
> > and
> >
> > 2) KMobileTools <http://www.kmobiletools.org/>
> >

> kmobiletools should do the trick, alternatively (on non-KDE ubuntu) you
> can try to
>
> apt-get install wammu
>
> ; I have seen quite some good results using this one sync'ing stuff out
> of various mobile phones. My old Razr did actually behave rather, well,
> "weird" with it, but maybe I just couldn't come up with enough
> patience... :)

Mind giving me some tips on how you set kmobiletools up for your Razor? I
did find the device to be /dev/ttyACM1 (USB connected), and it was able to
read the battery state, and signal level. But I can't seem to get the
phonebook downloaded from the phone. I'm wondering if i have the baud rate
wrong, or something?

--
I'm sorry, no one here has any intentions of helping you with anything.
I am the manager of all of Customer Service."