OT: Default folders in Windows (was: Re: [gutsy] added folders in home)

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Mon Nov 5 14:43:13 UTC 2007

Yeah, Christian
For a newbie this discussion is elementary !
It's not only about "useful" defaults and ...
... as newbie I try to find my best solution !!

Being in professional IT, now retired, since 1969 I had come across more
sh..s than hits !!!

Ubuntu itself can be configure in many ways too ;-)

Some like it simple with root and swap only ...
... others do it more intelligently than simple only ;-))

If migrating my data from the past to Ubuntu it's much more than
discussing about these M$ WIN default folders Music, Picture & Videos.

Can Ubuntu get all my data, back to the 80ies, ported & transparent ???
OS/2 can & could all till now !!!

I appreciate a constructive discussion & do contribute as best I can ...
... but please excuse me for my (non-native) English.
Cheers, svobi