Location of Synergy after install

David Vincent dvincent at sleepdeprived.ca
Mon Nov 5 04:29:51 UTC 2007

Wulfy wrote:
> Mark H. Nichols wrote:
>> The Synery package is available as a RPM, so I installed alien (sudo
>> apt-get install alien) in  order to convert the RPM to a .deb.  After
>> installing the .deb (sudo dpkg -i synergy_1.3.1-1_i386.deb) I have no
>> clue where to look for what was installed.
>>
>> Running whereis didn't show me anything useful.
>>
>> Help!
>>
>> Mark
> In the console type;
>
> dpkg -L synergy
>
> The output is all the places that the deb installed files.

when you do your final install just "sudo apt-get install synergy" - it
is in the repos and is the current version.

dvincent at kodos:~$ which synergyc
/usr/bin/synergyc
dvincent at kodos:~$ which synergys
/usr/bin/synergys

man do i ever love synergy!  it is right up there in my top ten pieces
of software ever.

-d