Location of Synergy after install

Mark H. Nichols ubuntu.prole at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 03:25:51 UTC 2007

All -

I feel foolish asking this question, but I am new to Linux and
Ubuntu.  Working off a Live CD I am testing all of the things I want
to be able to do on my ThinkPad once 7.10 is installed.  I use the
Synery package (http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/index.html) to allow
the use of a single keyboard and mouse between my laptop and my
iMac.  (While the laptop does have a video out, the iMac doesn't, and
therefore (I believe) a KVM switch is not a viable solution.)

The Synery package is available as a RPM, so I installed alien (sudo
apt-get install alien) in  order to convert the RPM to a .deb.  After
installing the .deb (sudo dpkg -i synergy_1.3.1-1_i386.deb) I have no
clue where to look for what was installed.

Running whereis didn't show me anything useful.

Help!

Mark
I don't believe I understand everything I know about this...